Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolving to Change

  Watching and waiting
   I whisper your name
  Striving and straining to somehow bring change


  The changes I'm needing, won't come from within
   I'm needing your Spirit to rattle my cage
   Shaken and broken, I'm ready to yield
   My first and my last prayer is simple and plain


   I need transformation, I need a new life
   Please come Lord inside me and bring heaven's rain.
   I'm breathing you in now, I'm feeling the burn
   The old and the broken, are leaving the room


  Resolving to change hasn't helped me at all
  The new things I'm needing aren't made on this earth
  But your life has come and made everything new
  Jesus your power has created the hope


  Breathing you in Lord, I'm alive deep inside
  I'm ceasing to strive and beginning to live
  Worship is real now, I see you who you are
  You're my  everlasting, My Father, My Lord


Jim



1 comment: