Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sand and Wind

Here I am standing on the beach gazing at your beauty
My feet, my hands, my eyes, glued to your infinite power
Totally aware of my own weakness, I fall down and lay at your feet
The wind is coming
Your breeze caresses my cheeks while shattering my fears
I brace myself for what is coming, while leaning into grace
The wind is coming

On my knees now, I don't want to go, I must stay and linger
For you, it's you, I must yet know
The shadow is enough for some, but not for me I plead
It's you I want and not your gifts, your presence, not your bread

The wind is coming
It's setting me free,  blowing all the sin away,  and leaving only love
I'm raising hands and voice to say, to you and you alone
Send your wind Lord,  and blow away the Sand

Now I feel your breath Lord, flush against my cheek
I hear the wind and know it's you, not just what you make
Never leave, Never leave,  I'm desperate for you King
The love,  the grace, omnipotence, so close to heaven's gate

The wind is coming, there is room on heaven's beach
Feel the sand like sin blown off your flesh and heaven's fragrance lingering
He's pure,  He's love,  He's closer than we think
The Wind is Coming

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment