Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Christmas Message from Oswald Chambers

 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)

Jesus Christ was born into this world, not from it. He did not evolve out of history; He came into history from the outside. Jesus Christ is not the best human being, He is a Being Who cannot be accounted for by the human race at all. He is not man becoming God, but God Incarnate, God coming into human flesh, coming into it from outside. His life is the Highest, and the Holiest entering into the lowest door. Our Lord's birth is an advent.

"Of whom I travail in birth until Christ is formed in you." (Galatians 4:19)

Jesus as our Lord came into human history from outside, so He must come into me from outside. Have I allowed my personal human life to become a "Bethlehem" for the Son of God?  I cannot enter into the realm of the Kingdom of God unless I am born from above by a birth totally unlike natural birth. "You must be born again" ~Jesus  This not a command, it is a foundation fact. The characteristic of the new birth is that I yield so completely to God that Christ is formed in me. When Christ is formed in me, His nature... his life....begins to work through me.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment